We love one pot meals, or in this case, one skillet! For southwest lovers, this combines plenty of healthy veggies with a bit of heat.
A quick an easy recipe anyone can love. Need some recovery food after a tough WOD day? Enjoy this high protein skillet.
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1lb Chicken Breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Sweet Potato, boiled and diced
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 15oz Black Beans (can mix with Corn)
- 4oz canned Green Chiles
- 1/3 cup Salsa
- 1/2 Lime Juice
- 1 tbs Cilantro
- Heat olive oil in large skillet or pan on medium-high
- Add chicken and half of seasonings to skillet
- Sauté for several minutes
- Mix in onion and cook until translucent and chicken is cooked through (about another 3 minutes)
- Lower heat to medium and add remaining half of seasoning, sweet potatoes, cherry tomatoes, black beans (or corn), green chiles, and salsa.
- Mix together until heated through (another 3 minutes)
- Top with lime juice and shredded cheese
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
Original Recipe from: https://reciperunner.com/mexican-chicken-sweet-potato-black-bean-skillet/
Motivation. Information. Preparation.
We want to make every WOD your best WOD.
WOD Fever represents CrossFit athletes, weightlifters, bodybuilders, and anyone who has a "workout of the day". Join our community and follow us for more WOD BOD Interviews, fitness news, training tips, and deals on gear.